The Yerevan Metro is an underground rapid transit system in Yerevan, Armenia. It was the first metro line to be built in Armenia and opened on May 28, 1995. The Yerevan Metro has a length of 3.6 km (2.3 mi) and serves the city centre, the northern suburbs, and the southern suburbs of Yerevan. It has six stations: Hayastan Ave., Zvartnots Ave., Rustaveli Ave., Erebuni Ave., Ararat Square, and Hrazdan Stations.
What is the metro’s history?
The Yerevan Metro was designed by the British company Mowlem, and built by the Russian company DAS. It is the first underground rapid transit system in Armenia, and is the only such system in the former Soviet Union. It was built to serve as a replacement for the Yerevan tram system.
How much does it cost to ride the metro?
The cost of a ride on the Yerevan Metro is less than 1 USD.
What are the different lines and stations of the metro?
The Yerevan Metro is divided into three lines: A, B, and C.
- The A line connects the Zvartnots Avenue and Hrazdan Stations.
- The B line connects the Hrazdan Stations and Ararat Square.
- The C line connects the Ararat Square Stations and Erebuni Avenue. All three lines are underground.
What are the different types of metro trains?
There are two types of metro trains: the Alstom Metropolis and the Siemens Desiro.
- The Alstom Metropolis is made up of cars, which are completely separate from the train. The cars have a capacity of 25 people and can be used on any line of the system.
- The Siemens Desiro has a capacity of 50 people and can only be used on the Zvartnots Line.
What are the different metro stations?
The Yerevan Metro has six stations: Hayastan Ave., Zvartnots Ave., Rustaveli Ave., Erebuni Ave., Ararat Square, and Hrazdan Stations.
How many people use the metro everyday?
It is estimated that up to 1.5 million people use the Yerevan Metro every day, including commuters and tourists.
What are the different entrances and exits to the metro?
There are two entrances to the metro: the Hayastan Ave. entrance and the Zvartnots Ave. entrance.
The Hayastan Ave. entrance is located on Hayastan Ave. (the road that leads from Yerevan’s central bus station to the city centre).
The Zvartnots Ave. entrance is located on Zvartnots Ave. (the road that leads from Yerevan’s central bus station to the northern suburbs).
What is the metro’s capacity?
The metro has a total of 14,000 seats.